Hey! We are Blake and Saphire Walker!
We're from the wilderness of beautiful, snowy Minnesota! We have many things we're passionate about but one we feel strongly about is helping to make a difference and inspire others with our testimonies and trials. If you know us personally, you know that we don't hide the yucky parts of our life together. We keep it real and raw because we feel strongly that God has lead us through certain trials so we can help guide others through them as well. We have a strong faith in Jesus Christ and a whole lot to be thankful for.
A lot of people see their identity in their accomplishments or line of work; so if we listed all the things we do it'd go like this.
Blake: Fulltime EMT, volunteer firefighter, house flipper, interior designer, dj, dance studio owner, motorcycle transformer, musician, scuba diver, creative being that always needs a project to work on.
Saphire: Writer, motivational speaker, photographer, preschool teacher, house flipper, interior designer, dance teacher & choreographer, singer, songwriter, doula, dance studio owner, creative being that can't sleep at night there's so many ideas flowing out.
Uffda. (as my gramma would say) that's a lot to keep up with, so why don't you just identify us as Blake and Saphire, that one couple that does the things and loves Jesus! It's so nice to meet you! Thanks for sticking around long enough to read about our crazy life!
In our book we will talk about how God made a way in us and through us. We take you on the journey of all the ups, downs, curves, the messes and loads of love we‘ve endured for the past 8 years together. You’ll get to walk beside us in betrayal, infertility, the meaning of success, the life God calls each of us to live, how He flipped our marriage while flipping houses and more!
We would like to start this book off by saying that Blake and I hope you can take a few things with you after you read this.
1. We can’t explain our story without incorporating God and our faith. He’s the reason we’re here today, and the reason we have a story in the first place.
2. Marriage is worth the fight, no matter how hard it may seem. When God said, “What He’s joined together let no man separate,” He means it firmly.
3. Every single one of us is a sinner: imperfect, dirty, unworthy, unfaithful, unsteady, always changing. But Jesus is never changing. He’s steady, faithful, perfect and He died so that we could be washed clean, be forgiven, be worthy, and be perfect in His eyes.
4. To explain our story we talk about spiritual warfare. It’s real and we’ve both been attacked many times. Anyone who holds strong in their faith risks the enemy (the devil) attacking. We explain how spiritual warfare, depression, and a broken heart can alter a person's behavior, making them do things they wouldn’t normally do.
5. Blake and I know that we can’t choose how you react to our story or how you will interpret it; but we hope that after reading this you won’t place blame, and instead see exactly why our God is so incredibly faithful. We know that God’s plan is far greater than our own and His purpose for our trials is to lead people closer to Him.
6. Only we know all of the details, so we hope if you have specific questions you’ll be respectful of both of us and come straight to us with your questions. Again, only we know all that went on during this time.
7. This writing is one that has weighed heavy on our hearts. We’ve processed it with each other, by ourselves, and with others we trust to make sure the words that are coming out are exactly what God intended for our story. We’ve put a lot of time and thought into it to make sure the way we are interpreting it is the way God wanted it. Blake and I have learned now to be obedient to God when He asks us to do something, even when that “something” seems crazy. So that’s why we are sharing our full story with you. God is leading and we’re listening. We both have agreed that God wants us to use our story to help others.
8. Lastly, Blake and I pray that you’ll see the miracles in every moment and piece of our journey. That maybe, just maybe you will find the fight within you to fight for your own marriage, find your worth in Jesus’s eyes, and believe in a God that holds firm to His truth.